What is Home Staging?
Home staging is all about a great return on your investment!
At Hello Home, we make a home appealing to the highest number of potential buyers, which decreases the property’s time on the market and increases the selling price.
Staging creates attractive and inviting spaces by turning a house into a welcoming, attractive product that buyers can imagine themselves in.
Why professionally stage your home?
It’s true; you never get a second chance to make a first impression. A professionally staged home creates an amazing first impression for the homebuyer and a significant financial advantage to the home seller!
- The National Association of Realtors reports that a staged home sells 67% faster than a vacant home.
- A 2014 Zillow Survey* lists Home Staging as “Best Home Improvement Project for Sellers”.
- Home Gain Survey*** reports that sellers who spent money on staging recouped 100% or more of the cost in the sale of their home.
- Did you further know that the cost of hiring a staging professional is tax deductible? Home sellers can write off selling expenses such as (commissions, advertising, includes home staging, legal fees and loan charges or points) **** .
- Realtors love to show beautiful homes to their buyers. Realtors will be more inclined to show a professionally staged home as it has the finished, fresh appearance that buyers crave.
- Your online MLS pictures will stand-out amongst the competition. Buyers aren’t selecting homes to view online, they’re eliminating them. According to a NAR profile of buyers, over 90% of buyers are searching for homes online first before deciding to visit. Give buyers a reason to drive to your home by having multiple photos of beautifully staged rooms that will stand out among the competition! Help your home make the cut.
***Although hands-on staging is deductible, a staging consultation (verbal or written report of how the homeowner can do the work themselves) is not a taxable deduction. In addition, in order to claim your home’s staging on the form, you must advertise this fact through your Real Estate Agent or by publicly announcing that your home has been Professionally staged, as proof.
For more information on home selling tax deductions go to: http://www.irs.gov/pub/ir … /p523.pdf